Full-stack Elixir Engineer
CutTime helps band directors organize their high school music programs with features that help them collect money from parents, costs for travel, instrument inventory and assignments, waivers, and more. It’s basically Basecamp for band directors.
At CutTime, we value cross-functional collaboration and teamwork above all else. Rather than dividing our employees into senior and junior or front-end and back-end teams, we work together as a unified team. We believe that this approach allows us to create a superior product, while also fostering a more enjoyable and fulfilling work environment.
We are looking to hire a full-stack software engineer to help us continue to build our Elixir + Phoenix LiveView app.
- Be willing to pair program with us at least 80% of the time
- Be available for remote-work during standard working hours within American time zones
- Prefer shipping early and often
- Be excited by startups
- Love writing tests and crafting beautiful code
- Experience with Elixir or another functional programing language
- Mastery of at least one technology stack (3+ years experience)
- Experience building for the web
- A preference for test-driven development
- Knowledge of SQL
- A sense of humor
At CutTime, our engineers have only three responsibilities:
- Make a great product for our users
- Help make tomorrow’s work even smoother
- Creature a culture that supports our colleagues in doing 1 and 2
Here are some of the ways we accomplish these goals:
- Pair programming (we pair program most of the time)
- Test-driven development (our suite of more than 2200 tests, including 375 rock-solid end-to-end web UI tests, runs in 12 seconds)
- Shipping often with frequent commits (we ship to production multiple times per day)
- Maintaining and improving our production environments (we host on Fly.io)
- Working closely with our product team to craft the best experience possible for our users
To apply, we need two things from you.
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Fill out this (very) brief survey. We want to get to know you better! https://forms.gle/YwtWp7ekGh4HoLju7
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways!
Even if you don’t check all the boxes listed above, we still invite you to apply. At CutTime, we foster an inclusive environment regardless of race, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We value people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Everyone brings something new to the table — all we ask is a good attitude and a willingness to learn.